Followers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Zazu (from the Lion King) Inspired Makeup!

I love Disney movies.  They're so full of color and inspiration.  I was watching the Lion King with my family and like every scene all I could think was, "Wow, those colors are so pretty together!  I wonder how I could make it translate to makeup."  So I decided to go with a look inspired by Zazu ("that's Mr. Banana Beak to you!" haha).




What I used:
Eyes:
Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
NYX JEP "Milk"
MUG "White Lies" shadow
Sugarpill "Buttercupcake"
Sugarpill "Flamepoint"
A navy and light blue from my 88 palette
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara "Blackest Black"

Face:
Revlon Colorstay Foundation "Sand Beige"
L'oreal True Match Liquid Foundation "N2"
Maybelline Super Stay 24/7 Concealer "Cream"
Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser "Fair"
Covergirl Professional Loose Powder "Translucent Fair"
ELF Studio Blush/Brozer
NYX "Peach" blush

Lips:
MAC "In Synch" lipliner
Cargo "Aruba" long-wearing lipgloss

I swear it looks better in person.  I've been awful lately at getting good pictures of my makeup.  I did a few looks this past week but I got bad pictures so I've been debating on whether or not to post them.  Maybe I'll do a big post of all of my "bad picture" looks haha.

Check out the amazing color combo options throughout this song!
Enjoy!

I hope you all have an amazing weekend!  Thanks, as always, for checking this out!  I appreciate you all so much!!  Thank you!!!

23 comments:

  1. Holy crap, that looks AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- this is great! I love how accurat you do the cut crease - I habe to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sonja, this looks so pretty on you! I love the way you extended the black, white, and purple into the inner corner. It looks so pretty!

    And thank you for all of the comments you leave on my blog, they totally make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's gorgeous! I love Zazu, and I never noticed before what a lovely colour scheme he had going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Always happy to see a new post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lion King!!!! Zazu was always my favorite. And I can sing every song from the movie word for word from the movie. :D

    Love this look, BTW. The high cut crease is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I can watch that movie over and over! It is so cute! Love how you did this look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing. Perfect choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous-- and what an amazing interpretation of Zazu's colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always amazing! And you got so beautifull eyes !
    You are amazing ! Outside And inside !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh Zazu!!! I love him. I was actually just thinking about the Lion King today. I haven't watched it since Christmas, and we actually watched it at my family's home on the flat screen... using VHS, LOL! Anyway, I love the contrast and drama of this look. The colors are spot on for Zazu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww I love this The Lion King is one of my fav Disney movies :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. incredible and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! The Lion King is one of my all-time favorite movies and this really captures Zazu to a T!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wooow girl this is amazingg
    I'd love it if you could pop by sometime I feel like I haven't heard from you in foreverr but I understand how busy you are love.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! I love how you blend the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THIS IS AMAZING. this is the exact reason why I love your blog and get so excited every time you post something new, haha. This is truly ART, & you are beyond talented. its ridiculous and so awesome. thanks for sharing this badass look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. *Jaw drop* Wowwwwww. Holy moly. Incredible!! That has to take a lot of skill. The concept is inspired artistry and the execution is amazing. I did my makeup based off of Bambi and Thumper before which was basically just a brown and a gray smokey eye. Your creativity blows me away.

    ReplyDelete